The mid-19th century market revolution
shark tank project
We will be carrying out our own 19th century version of Shark Tank program in class & using mid-19th century inventions. You will all participate as entrepeneurers when presenting, & as sharks during other presentations.
Research your project & create a short presentation (no more than 2 minutes) to make to the class.
During the presentations, your presentations must include:
1. Overview of your product.
-What is it?
-What will it be used for?
-Who invented it?
-Brief history of it?
-Connection to APUSH/Historical mid-18th century significance?
2. Pictures &/or Blueprints
3. Audience: Who do you intend to use this product?
4. Why you think it will change American markets & contribute to the health of the American economy.
-How will your innovative product benefit industrialization?
5. Optional: Any additional information that may enhance your presentation.
Grading: 50 points
Emphasis on Quality of information presented & Quality of presentation, preparedness, professionalism., & overall clarity of the presentation.
Emphasis on having fun while learning/teaching, help compete for the top bragging rights amongst your peers for the best pitch
1. Samuel Slater: Textile mill using spinning jenny
2. Samuel Colt: Six Shooter Revolver
3. Eliphalet Remington: Rifle barrel
4. Samuel Morse: Telegraph
5. Robert Fulton: steamboat
6. Francis Cabot Lowell: Factory system using power loom
7. Eli whitney: interchangeable parts
8. Cyrus McCormick: mechanical reaper
9. John Deere: steel plow
10. Elias Howe: sewing machine
11. Crawford W. Long: ester anesthesia
12. Benjamin Wright: Erie Canal
13. Charles Goodyear: vulcanized rubber
Period 2 Inventions
1- Hazey & Rooke
2- Louisa & Andrew
3- Hyrum, Derrick, & Ben
4- Ayush, Aaron, Alexis
5- Leo & Josh & Corwin
6- Bailey & Viri
7- Candace & Sorrelle
8- Rishi & Abhi
9- Audrey & Jackie
10- Prapti, Ishita, Kyra
11- Max & Jonathan
12- Nathan & Reese
13- Nathan & Jordan
Period 2 Top Presentations 2023 so far...
6. Interchangeable Parts
Period 4 Inventions
1- Avyu & Dipika
2- Sage & Salvador
3- Koby & Miguel
4- Angelique & Nathaly
5- Aarohi & Devon
6- Michelle & Elizabeth
7- Jason, Josh, Ethan
8- Stanley & Lu
9- Dongfeng & Jaideep
10- Max Aiden & Prithvi
11- Sam & Emily
12- Mark & Daniel
13- Jonathon & Carlos
Period 4 Top Presentations 2023 so far...
1. Interchangeable Parts
4. Erie Canal
5. Steel Plow