Covid-19 Video Project
As a sad alternative, and due to circumstances outside of our control, the group project for Unit 7 has been cancelled. As we wait for information regarding what the next step will be as teachers, I don't know if we will set foot inside of E207 again this school year. It is certain that we will not be in the classroom again for at least another six weeks. This will be an optional project, and for those of you looking to improve your grade by completing this assignment, it is important that you make something happen. Your final individual project is this:
Make a video/diary experience of what has been your own personal experience since the week of March 9th to Friday the 13th.
1. What were your initial thoughts? Were you nervous? Scared? Excited? Confused? It's okay to have experienced any or all of these emotions.
2. How have your thoughts changed since the first week?
3. What have you learned? What have you and your family members done throughout the first week off?
4. I'm sorry if this has impacted your family's health, safety or financial well-being. But what has been you and your family's experience? Good or bad, please feel free to share your real thoughts and experiences.
5. What have you done to keep yourself safe?
6. What have you done to fight the boredom and keep yourself occupied?
7. Share something you have done or seen. It can be anything from "I read a book", to "I went on a hike", or "I did a puzzle or a board game with family"...
8. Share a meme or a funny story or even a serious article of what is going on in the world.
9. State what day it is in the video, and provide some context on what has been going on prior to you beginning this video entry. Complete the assignment in one sitting, or share a little bit about your experience each and every day as this all unfolds.
8. Make it personal and keep the video in between five and 10 minutes. Effort and completion will be the main factors when grading.
9. All projects are due by Thursday April 30th as of now...Could be changed to meet district guidelines and protocols.
All videos must be uploaded onto the Padlet link above.
10. If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to email me @ David.Cummings@cnusd.k12.ca.us
UNIT 7 NAVIGATION PAGE
UNIT 7 OUTLINE
Monday/Tuesday March 2nd/3rd
Back to the Future
Wednesday March 4th
Explain Unit 7 + Pass out papers
Begin The Century (Film/HW assignment)
Thursday/Friday March 5th/6th
7.1 Lecture The Cold War
Finish The Century (Film/HW assignment)
Monday/Tuesday March 9th/10th
7.2 The Korean War
TV Commercial Planning Day
Wednesday March 11th
Open Book Reading Quiz 13
Thursday/Friday March 12th/13th
7.3 The Cold War Comes Home
Monday/Tuesday March 16th/17th
7.4 The Affluent Society
Wednesday March 18th
Commercial Project Time
Thursday/Friday March 19th/20th
7.5 The Nifty Fifties
Commercial Project Time
Monday/Tuesday March 23rd/24th Even
TV Commercial Project Due
Wednesday March 25th
Open Book Reading Quiz 14
Thursday/Friday March 26th/27th
Jeopardy and Unit 7 Exam
Spring Break March 30th- April 3rd
UNIT 7 LECTURE POWERPOINTS
UNIT 7 REQUIRED READING
Open Book Reading Quiz
Chapter 13, The Cold War Begins (622-657) 30 Q
Chapter 13 Reading Quiz [March 11th]
Chapter 14 Pages Postwar America (662-693) 20 Q
Chapter 14 Reading Quiz [March 25th]
The Extra Credit Quicksheet is due the day of the exam, and I expect handwritten, complete sentences for ALL key terms and Essential questions. This is worth up to 15 points and it will be added onto your Unit 7 Exam score.
UNIT 7 HOMEWORK PACKET
1. The Century Film Questions
2. 1950's Culture
3. Guided Lecture Notes
MUST CLICK on the Link above to access the Century videos if you are absent when we watch it in class.
tv COMMERCIAL Group project
"The Internet narrows the aim further, not reaching households but targeting individuals. Marketers use Internet surfing habits to establish the interests and buying habits of individuals, making advertising more efficient."
1. 1950s TV Commercial Project (50 points). (1-2 minutes)
Follow the guidelines attached to the project.
2. Modern Day Advertisement (30-60 seconds)
Your group has to submit a 30-60 second video (separate or attached to the first video) on your thoughts about modern-day advertisements, what you have seen, researched, etc.